[Question] About Ubuntu

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Apr 27, 2020, 6:36:05 AM4/27/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
While completing the requirements for the kibo challenge I faced problems with the versions.
First about Ubuntu the required version is old and not compatible with windows 10 , second APK template where could we download it.

From UAE team

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Apr 27, 2020, 6:36:34 AM4/27/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum

Thank you for asking.

1) What do you mean by "not compatible with windows 10" ?
If you were installing Ubuntu16.04 on WSL or VMware or something, you'd better not use these virtual machine.
However, you don't need to use Ubuntu if all you want to do is writing your codes, building them and running them on the Web simulator.
You can do them on Windows 10 with Android Studio 3.4.1. Please see the instructions from step.2 to step.4.5.5 in programming manual.
If you want to prepare a simulator environment on your local machine (step.4.6, optional), we recommend to use Ubuntu physical machine, not virtual machine like WSL or VMware.

2) You can download APK template here.
https://jaxa.krpc.jp/download/index.html