Local simulator doesn't work.

takeru hayasaka

May 19, 2020, 12:04:37 PM5/19/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
The simulator doesn't work locally and is stuck.
It seems to be the same phenomenon as this issue when I looked for it.

Also, I did some research and found that the ROS packets seemed to reach the android emulator but did not return anything. I suspect that this is the problem.

But I haven't solved it yet, so I'd appreciate any advice!

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

May 21, 2020, 8:50:58 PM5/21/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
This is probably because AVD and ROS cannot communicate. Check the following. 1. Check whether the Guest Science Manager APK built in the procedure of "4.6.5. Building the Guest Science Manager APK" is installed in AVD. On the home screen, swipe up from around "^" to display the application list. 2. Use the following command to confirm that you can ping AVD to hlp and llp. If you cannot ping here, refer to step 3.
====
cd $ ANDROID_PATH / scripts
./launch_emulator.sh -n
adb shell
su
ping -c3 hlp
ping -c3 llp
exit
ping -c3 hlp
ping -c3 llp
exit
==== 3. Try the previous steps with wifi turned off or Airplane mode turned on in AVD. If AVD cannot ping hlp or llp, this may solve the problem.

takeru hayasaka

May 22, 2020, 1:55:19 AM5/22/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
yep!

>  3. Try the previous steps with wifi turned off or Airplane mode turned on in AVD. If AVD cannot ping hlp or llp, this may solve the problem.

it my problem solved! thankyou🙏