[Question] About the simulation.

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Apr 14, 2020, 4:15:13 AM4/14/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
Questioner: Thanandorn Panyaso
Team name: BFST
Participating country: Thailand
Hello, Could you give me some information about my problem?

Contents
1 Step(s) on Programming Manual(Manual Version 2.3)
Step 4.4. Checking simulation while running and 4.5. Checking the result
2 Problems
Questions about the simulation.
After running the simulator for a while, the simulator had stopped unexpectedly (There are
still codes left to proceed.). Then, the simulator status became finished status. I went to check the simulation after
running by clicking the "simulator view" button. I replayed the simulation from start to end. In the end, the Astrobee
stopped the motion. Nothing happened after that. Then, I downloaded the log ZIP file. In the "adb.log" file, I cannot
find any errors that terminated the simulation. This problem occurs whenever I run the simulation. But the time that
the simulation stops, it depends on setting the path of Astrobee. My question is the problem caused by my Java code or
the simulation.
3 PC specs
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version       10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer  Microsoft Corporation
System Name       LAPTOP-V3QIR1L8
System Manufacturer     Acer
System Model      Nitro AN515-52
System Type        x64-based PC
System SKU         0000000000000000
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)     8.00 GB

Please find more detailed information in the attached file.
4 Date and time (Please include timezone)
2020-04-08 17:04:32 (GMT+7)

5 Screenshot, additional data (if any)
The below information is an example of the problem in my simulation.
In this example, I coded the Astrobee to scan every QR code. Then, It should send the result after scanning all QR
codes. But the simulation had stopped before scanning all of them.

 The last line in the adb.log:

 I attached the videos about the end of the simulation. There is also my code.

image (1).png

image.png

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Apr 14, 2020, 4:16:01 AM4/14/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
Dear Thanandorn Panyaso

This simulator has limited time. Therefore, the simulator ends over the limited time.

You have to find the QR and AR within limited time and then call "judgeSendDiscoveredQR" and "judgeSendDiscoveredAR" when you find these.

After checking your code, they find that you called "judgeSendDiscoveredQR" at last.
Please, please read the programming manual before creating your code.

Warm regads,
Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Apr 14, 2020, 4:17:56 AM4/14/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum
1. Why the positions of the AR tags of the replay and the actual simulation, not the same?

2.How can I scan the AR tag in the below image? (In the image, the tag is not
visible.)

Thanks in advance for any help that you are able to provide.
novnc2 - Google Chrome 4_13_2020 8_21_19 PM.png

novnc2 - Google Chrome 4_13_2020 8_26_48 PM (2).png

Kibo-RPC Secretariat

Apr 14, 2020, 4:33:06 AM4/14/20
to 1st Kibo Robot Programming Challenge communication and QA forum

Dear Thanandorn Panyaso

1. It was different between the position of target and AR on viewer and on simulator.
    Sorry about that. Since we are trying to remove the bug, please wait for a while.

2. Sometime, the target appear there like that because of the randomness.
 Please try again. In the Preliminary Round, it will not be appear.

From Kibo-RPC secretariat