Metrics charts

Hedi Houas

Sep 23, 2020, 9:52:41 PM9/23/20
to kiali-users
I'm using Istio 1.6.4 (with its embedded Prometheus version) and Kiali 1.24. I have a problem in the inbound/outbound metrics tabs.

When there is no traffic, three charts (request volume, request throughput and response throughput) are fine (i.e. empty), but the other five charts display a "No data available" message.
When there is traffic, the same three charts are fine (i.e. there are graphs), and the other five charts are empty. When I hover the mouse over them, I see the points that must be in the graphs.

Joel Takvorian

Sep 24, 2020, 3:02:29 AM9/24/20
to Hedi Houas, kiali-users
Hi Hedi,

Could you post a screenshot so that I can better understand the issue?
As far as I understand, when you say they're empty but hovering with the mouse shows datapoints, it would probably mean that they're showing datapoints for a single timestamp (which indeed can be hard to see without hovering)?