how to connect two docker containers?

John Mazzitelli

Apr 16, 2021, 5:15:16 PM4/16/21
to kial...@googlegroups.com
Here's a little side-project for those that are bored this weekend and want something to do :)

There are two PRs associated with that issue - I have things almost working.

This runs our molecule tests in one docker container and those tests hit a Kiali that is running in a KinD docker container.

But I can't get the network between the two container to cooperate. To see how I run it and what I see, look at https://github.com/kiali/kiali/issues/3895#issuecomment-821496642

Anyone know the secret to fix that?

I think one problem is the molecule container is using the "host" network and the KinD container is using "kind" network... thus, between molecule and KinD a great chasm has been set in place, so that those requests that want to go from molecule to KinD cannot, nor can any KinD request cross over from there to molecule.