Istio multi-cluster setup with Minikube

Edgar Hernandez Garcia

Feb 11, 2021, 5:11:41 PMFeb 11
to kiali-dev
Hi, all,

As you may already know, Kiali included some multi-cluster features on 1.9.0 version.

The multi-cluster effort has a broad impact across Kiali and, eventually, everybody involved in Kiali development will need to do/test/review new multi-cluster changes.

Since you are in kiali-dev list, you most likely will need this kind of setup :)
So, I wrote some scripts to automate an Istio multi-cluster setup. I uploaded them in a gist. This is the link to the gist (to the main script) with some doc at the beginning:

It's not extensively tested, but I hope it works most of the time.
If requirements/assumptions are not suitable for your case, I hope it works well as a baseline for your environment.

So, if you are interested, please try. Feedback is appreciated.

Regards!
- Edgar

Lucas Ponce

Feb 12, 2021, 2:38:23 AMFeb 12
to Edgar Hernandez Garcia, kiali-dev
Thanks a lot Edgar.

Minor commnet, would you mind to publish the same on the discussions site of Kiali ?

We have more folks looking there for Q/A and general comments and I guess we can collect a lot of feedback from them there.

Again, thanks for sharing this, I put it on my todo list to start preparing my cluster as well for this setup.

Lucas

Edgar Hernandez Garcia

Feb 12, 2021, 12:33:58 PMFeb 12
to Lucas Ponce, kiali-dev