Squash and Merge as default method when merging PRs

1 view

Lucas Ponce

Sep 18, 2020, 3:10:47 AM9/18/20
to kiali-dev
Minor comment, please, try to use that option from Github when merging PRs.

Sometimes in a PR we add followup commits to update a snapshot, update swagger, or minor fixes.

I think those commits can be subordinated to the PR and with the "Squash and Merge" is done transparently.

Thanks !

Jay Shaughnessy

Sep 18, 2020, 9:17:53 AM9/18/20
to kial...@googlegroups.com

One more thing, when squash-committing, especially if you are merging in a PR for someone else, remember that the squash combines all of the commit comments.  Please edit the comment to be something reasonable, if necessary.  Otherwise you get comment lines like, "fixing pr feedback", "removing debug logging", etc...