kiali operator latest not being built anymore - something broke in our CI process

John Mazzitelli

Mar 17, 2021, 6:42:51 AM3/17/21
to kiali-dev
My nightly CI runs just detected this problem.

We are not publishing "latest" images for kiali-operator anymore. It appears this stopped 2 days ago.

See: https://quay.io/repository/kiali/kiali-operator?tab=tags

Notice that we ARE still publishing "latest" images for the kiali server itself. See: https://quay.io/repository/kiali/kiali?tab=tags

So something happened recently (within the past day or two) that caused the "latest" kiali-operator image to not be published anymore to quay.io.

We need that because this is what we test nightly (I have nightly CI tests run on the "latest" images on both minikube and OpenShift).

John Mazzitelli

Mar 17, 2021, 6:57:18 AM3/17/21
to kiali-dev
Drat! The one thing I forgot to test in the move to sdk 1.x ... and of course it failed.

Multi-arch builds are broken.

===
+ make -e DOCKER_CLI_EXPERIMENTAL=enabled container-multi-arch-push-kiali-operator-quay

failed to solve: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: quay.io/operator-framework/ansible-operator:v: not found
make: *** [Makefile:137: container-multi-arch-push-kiali-operator-quay] Error 1
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kiali-dev/1730641640.40769483.1615977767076.JavaMail.zimbra%40redhat.com.

John Mazzitelli

Mar 17, 2021, 7:20:51 AM3/17/21
to kiali-dev
I think this is fixed now - can someone review/approve this? Without it, our operator multi-arch builds are broken:

https://github.com/kiali/kiali-operator/pull/268