smoke test helm release

1 view

John Mazzitelli

Feb 12, 2021, 2:59:35 PMFeb 12
to kiali-dev
We should immediately run this long command when we release - this is a quick smoke check that the helm charts are correct. It requires you to be logged into a cluster that has Istio installed:

helm install --namespace istio-system --repo https://kiali.org/helm-charts kiali-server kiali-server ; helm uninstall --namespace istio-system kiali-server ; kubectl delete crd monitoringdashboards.monitoring.kiali.io ; kubectl create ns kiali-operator ; helm install --namespace kiali-operator --repo https://kiali.org/helm-charts kiali-operator kiali-operator ; helm uninstall --namespace kiali-operator kiali-operator ; kubectl delete crd monitoringdashboards.monitoring.kiali.io kialis.kiali.io