text to gui mode in fedora10

Sunil Kr. Koiri

Aug 14, 2009, 2:47:13 AM8/14/09
to GNU/Linux User Group of KGEC
i have recently installed fedora 10 in my pc. i am not getiing the gui
interface as during booting it displays 'fialure of x window server
failed' or something like that.
i learnt that fedora 10 doesn't have nvidia graphics support in the
dvd. i have to download it from net.
but the problem is that i don't know how to set up the ip address to
establish internet connection in text mode.

My computer starts in only text mode.
My ip address configuration is as follows:

IP Add - 192.168.15.117
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway - 192.168.15.1
Preferred DNS - 202.138.96.2
Alternate DNS- 202.138.103.100

please help me out how to establish net connection using command
line .....as command line is the only option i m having to set up up
ip address

also i would like to know the command lines for downloading support
for fedora 10 from local mirrors (if any ) available..

i would eagerly wait for replies....

regards
sunil kumar koiri
KGEC