internet connection

saradindu banerjee

Jan 14, 2010, 12:17:02 PM1/14/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
In my PC there is fedora10,but i cant connect it to internet, I followed the prcess bellow

system>preferences>network configuration>wired>add>ipv4 settings>apply >close
 I saw that process in you-tube
 but i am not able to connect
so please help me in this regards........

Abhijit Mondal

Jan 14, 2010, 12:30:14 PM1/14/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saradindu,
   is it showing any error?
please check whether u activate eth0 interface or not

Abhijit Mondal
Final Year Student,
Kalyani Government Engineering College,
Mob: +91-9434635992
E-mail: abhijit...@gmail.com
Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal,
India-741235.

Spread FOSS. Learn, have Fun, develop.

Hirak Sarkar

Jan 14, 2010, 1:24:12 PM1/14/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM, saradindu banerjee <sbane...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>In my PC there is fedora10,but i cant connect it to internet, I followed the prcess bellow
pls tell what internet connection you have......waiting for details :-)

--
Hirak Sarkar
CSE 3rd year

saradindu banerjee

Jan 14, 2010, 11:07:05 PM1/14/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
hi Hirak

I have reliance broadband connection in my pc

Abhijit Mondal

Jan 14, 2010, 11:13:11 PM1/14/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
I hv connect ubuntu 8.10 with reliance broadband.
it very simple...  You select automatic(DHCP) ip address setting and try..

Abhijit Mondal
Final Year Student,
Kalyani Government Engineering College,
Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal,
India-741235.
Mob: +91-9434635992
E-mail: abhijit...@gmail.com

saradindu banerjee

Jan 15, 2010, 8:48:38 AM1/15/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
Abhijit,

i already tried dat automatic (DHCP) & the result shows
"discunnected and also tried to activate activate eth0
interfaceprocess ........ but the result shows "sorry failed to
activate"

saradindu banerjee
MCA final yr.
kgec

>>> --
>>> Hirak Sarkar
>>> CSE 3rd year
>>> Kalyani Govt. Engg. College
>>>

>>> --

>>> kgeclug+u...@googlegroups.com<kgeclug%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.co.in/group/kgeclug?hl=en-GB?hl=en-GB
>>> Spread FOSS. Learn, have Fun, develop.
>>>

>> --

>> kgeclug+u...@googlegroups.com<kgeclug%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Abhijit Mondal

Jan 15, 2010, 10:34:44 AM1/15/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
Is it works in windows?
How does you connect internet in windows?

Abhijit Mondal
Final Year Student,
Kalyani Government Engineering College,
Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal,
India-741235.
Mob: +91-9434635992
E-mail: abhijit...@gmail.com

saradindu banerjee

Jan 15, 2010, 11:20:51 PM1/15/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
Abhijit,

In my pc two os is there ...windows xp(2) &  fedora 10 in xp there is no prblm...in fedora it does not work
i hv connect the net in xp manually....ie by fixing ip addrs which was provided.

Rohit Gupta

Jan 17, 2010, 6:47:07 AM1/17/10
to kge...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM, saradindu banerjee
<sbane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have reliance broadband connection in my pc

Since you have a broadband, I think you connect to the internet using
a username and password.
This type of connection is called pppoe connection.
I had connected to the BSNL broadband in ubuntu like this:

search 'pppoe' in ubuntu help and it will show you the required
commands to setup the connection (I forgot).
Then there's a command to connect and another to disconnect.
All details are available. have a look.
Hope it helps.

Thanks..
Regards: