Font are not showing for http://www.anandabazar.com/

abhi_manpur

Jul 17, 2009, 11:00:24 PM7/17/09
to GNU/Linux User Group of KGEC
http://www.anandabazar.com/ is designed bye Microsoft Frontpage. In
windows it is possible to view and read that web site in firefox also.
I want to read this page in fedora. Is there any to adjust font of
this site?

Susmit

Jul 17, 2009, 11:35:36 PM7/17/09
to kge...@googlegroups.com

Try padma plug-in.

Regards,
Susmit.

ssh
0x86DD170A

Abhijit Mondal

Jul 18, 2009, 1:27:34 AM7/18/09
to kge...@googlegroups.com
Thnk u Mr. Susmit

There are no. of probles..
1. How play video in fedora 8i,(in those computer which dont hv direct
internet connection. )
2. Is there any software similar to Adobe Dream Weaver.
3. Is there any software similar to Adobe Image Ready.
4. JVM for firefox,

--
Abhijit

Indranil Das Gupta

Jul 18, 2009, 2:19:42 AM7/18/09
to kge...@googlegroups.com
hello abhijit,

just a gentle nudge to remind you that it is common list etiquette to
start a new thread when your questions change or you have new
questions. Not only is it a matter of etiquette, it also increases
your chances for getting any / right answer in the first place.

answers to your questions:

1. you can play video on fedora 8 all right - Ogg Theora videos will
play *very* nicely on F8. Your question should specify __what__ video
formats you want to play on F8. Different formats require different
plugins, its not a one-size-fits-all-game. You need plugins, which
have to be downloaded from the Internet. So, if you want to stick
around with Fedora 8, you need an internet connection to at least
download all the plugins and codecs you require. You can save them on
an USB drive and install the codecs off it. You *don't* need a
persistent internet connection for each and every computer that you
plan on installing.

2. Kompozer (the name of the package used to be NVU earlier)

3. I have not used Windows software in the last 13 years. So I've no
idea what exactly Image Ready does, detailed functionality wise.
Assuming that its an image editing software, you should be able to go
ahead and do the same with GIMP. Fwiw, Image ready was discontinued by
Adobe from 2007 onwards, after the release of Adobe CS3 .

4. There are *no* JVM for Mozilla Firefox. The JRE and JDKs are
available for GNU/Linux distributions. There are various options
available - OpenJDK, the Sun Java etc (and more). You can pick one
that suits your needs.

Typically, the JRE / JDK rpm that you install from will provide you
with the firefox plugins that you need for supporting Java and Java
applets in the browser. You can check your Firefox plugins' support
status by typing about:plugins in the address-bar of Firefox.

hth,
-idg

Shuvankar Sarkar

Jul 18, 2009, 2:51:18 PM7/18/09
to GNU/Linux User Group of KGEC
I want to play .avi, .mpeg and .dat file in fedora8. where from we get
this codecs.. i want to get setup for this to install in my pc in
offline.

Indranil Das Gupta

Jul 18, 2009, 3:49:06 PM7/18/09
to kge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shuvankar,

Is there any specific and *compelling* reason why you are sticking
around with Fedora 8? FWIW, F8 had end-of-life on Jan 7, 2009 [1]. EOL
means you *can't* get any updates, bug-fixes or patches on Fedora 8
any more. Essentially you are stuck with whatever was the last
released back in the day when the version 8 was still "alive".

As for getting the codecs, try
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Multimedia+on+Fedora+8, that should help you

cheers
-idg