Multi-column examples

Aditi Nabar

Jul 22, 2016, 11:54:09 PM7/22/16
to KeystoneML Users
Hi! Are there any examples of how you would do feature engineering on a data set like the Titanic survivors in KeystoneML? All the examples I've seen on the website so far, are for a single column of text or image data. I'd like to see how KeystoneML would work with multiple columns of different types, where you might want to engineer each column differently. Thanks for any pointers!

Aditi

Evan R. Sparks

Jul 26, 2016, 3:35:10 PM7/26/16
to Aditi Nabar, KeystoneML Users
Hi Aditi,

This is a great question. One approach is to break down each processing step (e.g. each featurization step) into a separate "branch" of a processing pipeline and then use `Pipeline.gather` to combine the features before ultimately fitting a model.

I put together a working (well, compiling, at least!) example here - relevant lines highlighted: https://github.com/etrain/keystone/blob/titanicexample/src/main/scala/pipelines/tabular/TitanicSurvivors.scala#L39-L64

Does this accomplish the kind of thing you're looking for?

- Evan

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Aditi Nabar <aditi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! Are there any examples of how you would do feature engineering on a data set like the Titanic survivors in KeystoneML? All the examples I've seen on the website so far, are for a single column of text or image data. I'd like to see how KeystoneML would work with multiple columns of different types, where you might want to engineer each column differently. Thanks for any pointers!

Aditi

Aditi Nabar

Jul 27, 2016, 1:30:29 AM7/27/16
to KeystoneML Users