IE Caching Admin Pages (updates won't appear in back-end)

Kyle Germaine

Jul 6, 2015, 4:27:54 PM7/6/15
to keyst...@googlegroups.com

I'm experiencing a pretty sever error in the Admin Area with Internet Explorer 11 (likely other versions as well). After editing any Post fields in IE, the saved data is not populated in the Admin Area, because it is caching the initialized page with empty fields.

I've created a custom Keystone repo and so far I've tried...

1) Prevent caching on the front-end by adding this HTML (Jade) to keystone > templates > layout > base.jade

html
   head
      meta(http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate")
      meta(http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache")
      meta(http-equiv="Expires" content="-1")

   (body)

   head
      meta(http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache")
      meta(http-equiv="Expires" content="-1")

2) Prevent caching by setting these HTTP header parameters in keystone > app > browserify.js:86 ( under 'function send () { ' )

res.setHeader('Cache-Control', 'private, no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, proxy-revalidate, s-maxage=0');
res.setHeader('Expires', 'Sat, 12 Oct 1991 05:00:00 GMT');
res.setHeader('Pragma', 'no-cache');
res.setHeader('Vary', '*');

I'm pretty sure that I'm doing this completely wrong, but I believe option 2 (setting the HTTP header) is the right way to handle this. I'd really, really, really appreciate any hep on this because I'm likely going to lose my biggest client if I cant figure this out soon. Though I hate IE, I think that supporting the basic functionality for of newer versions is going to be integral to the success of the platform. All of my clients are finance, law and professional services so this will be a big issue for me going forward.

Thanks for any help