Types.TextArray documentation and filtering

Christian Rich

Sep 23, 2015, 8:53:26 PM9/23/15
to Keystone JS
I was wondering why this field is missing from the documentation? (same goes for NumberArray)

In my collection I rarely have a single field for user submitted values, but have to resort to arrays.

I mean, uploading multiple S3 images or proving multiple email addresses, phone numbers or links are fairly common user scenarios, but does not seem to be supported by the admin UI.

E.g for AWS S3 images the field Types.S3File only caters for a single image, but my users can upload any number of images. Same goes for email, www, so I have to use Types.TextArray.

However, this causes the field to be unsearchable in the Admin UI. At least it seem to be indicated in the missing icon in the 'Add Filter' UI dropdown when examining Types.TextArray fields: (images, locations, links, email, phone, other ads)

And when selecting a Types.TextArray you are not able to insert a query, the only option you have is to remove the field:

I would expect to see something like this:

Is this intentional? Or did I miss something?

Other than that Keystone is absolutely AMAZING!