Compilation issue ubu 12.04 - glib missing but not - help?

desig...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2014, 10:41:28 PM3/10/14
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Attempting to make keynav and get:

vw@nimitz:~/Projects/keynav-0.20101014.3067$ make keynav
cc -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include -pg -g   -c -o keynav.o keynav.c
keynav.c:22:19: fatal error: glib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

But it exists:

vw@nimitz:~/Projects/keynav-0.20101014.3067$ locate glib.h
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h

change line 22 to include the full path and then something it is calling (which is there) also fails.

Help appreciated!

Thanks much in advance!

Axel Beckert

Mar 11, 2014, 8:53:26 PM3/11/14
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 07:41:28PM -0700, desig...@gmail.com wrote:
> Attempting to make keynav and get:
>
> vw@nimitz:~/Projects/keynav-0.20101014.3067$ make keynav
> cc -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include -pg -g -c -o keynav.o
> keynav.c
> keynav.c:22:19: fatal error: glib.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

There is a newer version of keynav than you try to compile in Ubuntu's
universe repository: http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/keynav

> But it exists:
>
> vw@nimitz:~/Projects/keynav-0.20101014.3067$ locate glib.h
> /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h
>
> change line 22 to include the full path and then something it is calling
> (which is there) also fails.

Adding -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 as further parameter should help, too.

Kind regards, Axel
--
/~\ Plain Text Ribbon Campaign | Axel Beckert
\ / Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News | a...@deuxchevaux.org (Mail)

desig...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2014, 10:32:25 PM3/11/14
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Yes, I know that keynav is in the ubu repos.  After dealing with the xorg folks compiling in the mousekeys file and ignoring the file itself, it makes Jean a bit more secure and willing to change to keynav if I can compile it locally :-).  Not even willing to try to get the source for X and try to figure out what they have done there, WAY over my head :-).

not sure at all where adding the "-I/usr/include/glib-2.0" would go?

Thanks much!