Keynav improvements for Gentoo

Russell Harmon

Nov 26, 2009, 11:05:38 AM11/26/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Jordan

I've made some improvements to keynav while packaging keynav for Gentoo Linux.

The improvements I've made:
Fix several memory leaks.
Support /etc/keynavrc
Support using multiple jobs while building (-j option)

My patches are attached.

Note that the etc-config and the fix-memleaks patch step on each
other. You'll need to merge them (they're split to illustrate the two
different things they are meant to do).

-Russell Harmon
RTP Computer Science House
keynav-20091108_etc-config.patch
keynav-20091108_fix-makefile.patch
keynav-20091108_fix-memleaks.patch

Russell Harmon

Nov 26, 2009, 11:48:15 AM11/26/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
I've made a few more changes to one of my patches. It now doesn't
stomp on your CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, and fixes build errors with
--as-needed.

--
keynav-20091108_fix-makefile.patch

Russell Harmon

Dec 31, 2009, 11:43:20 AM12/31/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

Are my patches being ignored?

Russell Harmon

Dec 31, 2009, 11:54:48 AM12/31/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

Either way, here's a new set of patches which applies cleanly to the
current tip of svn

0001-Support-using-a-config-file-located-in-etc.patch
0002-Fix-the-makefile.patch
0003-Fix-several-memory-leaks.patch

Russell Harmon

Dec 31, 2009, 12:11:47 PM12/31/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

Oops, those didn't actually compile. These do -_-

0001-Support-using-a-config-file-located-in-etc.patch
0002-Fix-the-makefile.patch
0003-Fix-several-memory-leaks.patch

Jordan Sissel

Dec 31, 2009, 12:39:16 PM12/31/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Russell Harmon <ru...@csh.rit.edu> wrote:
> Are my patches being ignored?

I swear I remember applying them and checking them in. Maybe I'm crazy ;)

Thanks for the reminder; I'll put them in now.

-Jordan

Russell Harmon

Dec 31, 2009, 12:40:23 PM12/31/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
> --

Great! Glad i'm not being ignored ^_^

I have just one more, a fix for building with --as-needed

0001-Fix-building-with-as-needed.patch

Jordan Sissel

Dec 31, 2009, 1:09:43 PM12/31/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

All 4 applied and checked in. Tested, things seem to work good.
http://semicomplete.googlecode.com/files/keynav-20091231.02.tar.gz

Made one small change to the /etc/keynavrc patch in that the file path
is a #define now definable at compiletime (for folks like FreeBSD who
use /usr/local/etc instead). The default is still /etc/keynavrc.

Thanks for your patches :)
-Jordan