problem with keynav

Radu Berinde

Nov 24, 2009, 2:07:26 AM11/24/09
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Keynav seems real nice, but whenever i "finalize" a move (either
semicolon or spacebar), the program gives the error below and quits:

# ./keynav --help
No ~/.keynavrc found.
X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 55 (X_CreateGC)
Resource id in failed request: 0x1400001
Serial number of failed request: 142080

I am running slackware 12, remotely accessing a Cygwin/X server for
Windows (linux is running in a virtual machine).

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
Radu

Jordan Sissel

Feb 3, 2010, 8:51:54 PM2/3/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for not getting back to you on this, I clearly forgot about this message.

Anyway, I think the problem you are describing is a bug in keynav. Seems like it's trying to create a new GC (graphics drawing thingamajig) on a window that was already destroyed, and we destroy the window (on purpose).

I've checked in a fix that should solve this to SVN. Next release will have this.

-Jordan