click no longer working correctly

Eric Van Dewoestine

Sep 11, 2010, 2:48:36 PM9/11/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've been using keynav for a couple years, but at some point several
months ago, clicking stopped working correctly. Unfortunately I can't
recall what software upgrades may have occurred at that time.

Here are a couple mappings in my keynavrc:
space warp,click 1,end
1 warp,click 1

When I start a keynav session and hit space, the mouse correctly moves
to the chosen position, but the click does not occur. Now if I start
a keynav session and hit 1 I get the same behavior, but when I hit 1 a
second time, then a click occurs. I can also invoke an xdotool click
from the command line with no issues. In fact, as a work around I've
replaced all my 'click' entries in my keynavrc with 'sh xdotool
click'.

I've experienced this problem with the latest release
(0.20100623.2958) and the previous release (0.20100601.2912), but I
can't recall releases prior to that.

Here's some other relevant version numbers:
xdotool: 2.20100818.3004

I'm not sure what packages xlib and xtst fall into on my distro
(arch), but here are some xorg related versions:
xorg-server: 1.8.1.902
xorg-server-utils: 7.5
xorg-apps: 7.5
xorg-utils: 7.6

Let me know if there is any other info I can provide which may help to
track down the issue.

Thanks!

--
eric

Jordan Sissel

Sep 11, 2010, 4:03:40 PM9/11/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
> --

Hey hey,

Thanks for the report. I'll try to reproduce this and see about a fix.

-Jordan

Krister Svanlund

Sep 11, 2010, 5:14:34 PM9/11/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

I want to report that I also have this problem using a relatively new
svn version of keynav.

Jordan Sissel

Sep 13, 2010, 5:16:51 AM9/13/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Eric Van Dewoestine
<erva...@gmail.com> wrote:

Confirmed. I can reproduce this. I'll work on a fix and put a new
release up soon :)

Jordan Sissel

Sep 13, 2010, 5:30:36 AM9/13/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

Fix committed in svn r3017. New release will come soon (few days, maybe)

-Jordan

Eric Van Dewoestine

Sep 14, 2010, 2:40:46 PM9/14/10
to keynav...@googlegroups.com

The latest source resolves the issue for me. Thanks Jordan!

--
eric