Log4J dependency should be replaced by slf4j

Will Sargent

Oct 3, 2015, 3:22:11 PM10/3/15
to Keyczar Discuss
Hi all,

I've got a free weekend, so I'm going through some KeyCzar issues.

KeyCzar 0.71f depends on Log4J.  This is a problem, as most projects have moved to SLF4J as a good lowest common denominator, and use either Log4J 2 or Logback as the logging engine.

It looks like there's a PR open for it from 2013.

but it hasn't been applied.

I'm happy to add the work to submit a new PR, if the old one is no longer applicable.

Will.

Shawn Willden

Oct 12, 2015, 2:54:08 PM10/12/15
to Keyczar Discuss
I looked at this a while ago and I recall that there seemed to be some issues with the PR.

If you'd like to update it, I'll review and apply it. Thanks!

BTW, sorry for the slow response, I've been traveling.

Will Sargent

Oct 14, 2015, 11:48:33 PM10/14/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I mistakenly checked out "java_release_0.71f" instead of "Java_Release_0.71g" (the upper casing threw me off).

All the log statements in 0.71g are removed, and SLF4J is being used there, as of