Keyczar is on Github!

Shawn Willden

Feb 26, 2015, 7:04:23 PM2/26/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
The source repo is now  https://github.com/google/keyczar

We need to move all of the other content from Google Code, the issues and the wiki pages in particular, and turn it down.

Steve Weis

Feb 27, 2015, 2:49:39 PM2/27/15
to Keyczar Discuss
Great! Thanks for your work ironing out the legal release issues, Shawn.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:04 PM, 'Shawn Willden' via Keyczar Discuss <keyczar...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
The source repo is now  https://github.com/google/keyczar

We need to move all of the other content from Google Code, the issues and the wiki pages in particular, and turn it down.

Arkajit Dey

Feb 27, 2015, 3:02:54 PM2/27/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
Woohoo! This is really cool. To celebrate, I also created a twitter handle to go with the new github account:

We could use that to spread word about the project. A lot of popular opensource projects do this.

Does someone want to take over the account? Maybe Steve or Shawn? I could hand over the credentials to you guys if you want to manage it.

--Arkajit
--
arkajit.blogspot.com

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else." - J.M. Barrie

Shawn Willden

Feb 27, 2015, 3:03:39 PM2/27/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
I nominate you :-)

Arkajit Dey

Feb 27, 2015, 3:05:14 PM2/27/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
Also, we should update the webpage to point to github: http://www.keyczar.org/

Shawn Willden

Feb 27, 2015, 3:06:22 PM2/27/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
I'm actually not sure how to do that. Where is that hosted?

Steve Weis

Feb 27, 2015, 3:48:35 PM2/27/15
to Keyczar Discuss
That webpage is hosted on Google App Engine, and I think the source files are here:

Last updated 6 years ago. Geez.

Shawn, I'll add you as an owner to the GAE project. Would you prefer to move keyczar.org to a Github page or somewhere? I've found Github Pages pretty nice in general.

Will Sargent

Jun 25, 2015, 4:06:27 PM6/25/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
Hi -- the http://www.keyczar.org/ site still points to Google Code as the place to download source.  Is the Github source repo more current?

devin lundberg

Jun 25, 2015, 4:23:20 PM6/25/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
I think Shawn is working on getting the website updated still, but the google code link should return a redirect to Github. Github is more current.