Options for distributing KeyCzar binaries in Maven / Github / Bintray

Will Sargent

Oct 3, 2015, 3:51:03 PM10/3/15
to Keyczar Discuss
Still exploring options.  Let me know if you'd rather I file bugs.

The Maven repository file still points to old locations:

There is a commented out reference to Maven distribution:

It looks like you might be able to do Github releases directly from Maven, but I haven't found a solid guide yet.  It seems like

Uploading KeyCzar to the central maven repo is apparently not trivial, but doable once you get past the paperwork:

And if that's not an option, then using Bintray for distributing binaries may be a better option:

And then from there you can sync to maven central:

Happy to submit PRs, etc.

Will.

Shawn Willden

Oct 12, 2015, 2:56:37 PM10/12/15
to Keyczar Discuss
I'm glad to see you're exploring the options. Have you decided what seems like the best approach?

devin lundberg

Oct 12, 2015, 3:58:46 PM10/12/15
to keyczar...@googlegroups.com
Github releases look like we can upload arbitrary files so I could regenerate the current versions in python, java, and c and upload them similar to how we did releases on google code.

I don't really know much about Maven so I can't contribute much to that conversation, but it looks like the pending PR could solve that issue.

In terms of pip releases, I have owner access to that and manually update it on release.

Will Sargent

Oct 13, 2015, 4:41:42 PM10/13/15
to Keyczar Discuss
A little squeezed right now.  I'm going to work on this next weekend.

Shawn Willden

Oct 14, 2015, 12:58:24 PM10/14/15
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 2:41 PM Will Sargent <will.s...@typesafe.com> wrote:
A little squeezed right now.  I'm going to work on this next weekend.

I resemble that remark! Thanks for being willing.