jna, libunix-dbus-java and java runtime and keycloak 16-17-18-19 with sssd federation and saml?

Jelle de Jong

Sep 22, 2022, 4:59:40 PM9/22/22
to Keycloak User
Hello everybody,

I am still trying to get keycloak working with sssd and saml and tried
centos 7, stream-8 and steam-9 and keycloak 19, 18 and 17 (not 16 yet).

And I think I am having some error in Java dependencies.

jna-5.6.0-6.el9.x86_64 depends on
java-latest-openjdk-headless-1:18.0.1.0.10-7.rolling.el9.x86_64

jna-4.5.1-5.el8.x86_64 depends on java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless

https://pkgs.org/download/jna

https://github.com/keycloak/libunix-dbus-java/releases/tag/libunix-dbus-java-0.8.0

Not sure what the java dependencies of libunix-dbus-java-0.8.0 are but
are we sure it works with java-18-headless?

java-1.8.0-headless
java-11-headless
java-17-headless
java-18-headless

Sep 22 21:47:52 keycloak02.bothends.lan kc.sh[25995]: Exception in
thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
io/quarkus/bootstrap/runner/QuarkusEntryPoint has been compiled by a
more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this
version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

https://www.keycloak.org/docs/16.1/server_admin/
mentions the above stack, but I can not find this documention for
keycloak19, what are the dependencies for sssd federation in keycloak 19
as I am getting [org.keycloak.services] (executor-thread-10)
KC-SERVICES0013: Failed authentication: java.lang.NullPointerException
when trying to get sssd to authenticate a user.

Also as an sssd alternative is groups with ldap federation possible? How
to support groups from ldap and pass them to saml clients?

Can somebody shed some lights on the new keycloak release and sssd and
saml I am having a hard time...

Kind regards,

Jelle
debug-2022-09-22-01.txt

Łukasz Dywicki

Sep 27, 2022, 4:56:24 PM9/27/22
to keyclo...@googlegroups.com
I am not up to date with keycloak fork of dbus-java, but I know there is
another fork which is working just fine:
https://github.com/hypfvieh/dbus-java. It is actively maintained.

It uses jnr-ffi library to carry on native calls. I succeeded getting it
up to interact with some objects managed through network-manager dbus,
so it should be possible to get it working also with sssd.

Best,
Łukasz