Bare minimum settings to get RHPAM (Business Automation) to integrate with RHSSO/keycloak?

Bob

May 11, 2022, 4:42:48 AM5/11/22
to Keycloak User
What are the bare minimum settings needed to get RHPAM (RedHat Business Automation) when installed as an Operator inside Openshift cluster to be able to integrate with RHSSO (Red Hat Single Sign On based on Open Source Keycloak as installed as Instantiated Template in the Catalog) ?

I have been able to deploy RHSSO (persistent with PostgreSQL db) and RHPAM Business Automation 7.12.1-2 in the same project and namespace on the same Openshift 4.9.x cluster...

In the RHSSO I have set up the realm, created the client, etc etc
And in the RHPAM side when after the Operator deploys, I use the console-cr-form the form based version of the Installer wizard to deploy the RHPAM in authoring instance/mode with the RHSSO as authentication mode and create/set the client ID, client secret etc etc...

Then when I click on the url link in the exposed routes section of the networking menu in OCP, I see the url for RHPAM, click on it and can confirm that it redirects to the RHSSO page for me to login. I have already created a user with username/password account in RHSSO and I authenticate against that user but when it should  get to the final landing page and log me in into RHPAM as that user, instead it tells me the error message of :

Yet when I check the RHSSO side I can see that a session was connected, including what was my IP address, username/account used, etc etc...

So the connection portion of this is working but yet it won't finally allow me to actually log inot the RHPAM even though by all appearances it was able to pass that credentials over...

Is there a good YouTube video or specific documentation, kb articles, or whatever on how to get a barebone proof of concept working whereby I can log into RHPAM with RHSSO?

Example yaml for the RHPAM installer is here below:

apiVersion: app.kiegroup.org/v2
kind: KieApp
metadata:
  name: rhpam
spec:
  environment: rhpam-authoring
  commonConfig:
    disableSsl: true
    adminUser: admin
    adminPassword: admin
    startupStrategy:
      strategyName: OpenShiftStartupStrategy
  auth:
    sso:
      url: 'https://sso-sandbox.apps.www.example.io'
      realm: realmz
      adminuser: admin
      adminPassword: admin
      disableSSLCertValidation: true
  objects:
    console:
      ssoClient:
        name: clientname
        secret: clientsecret
        hostnameHTTP: 'http://sso-sandbox.apps.www.example.io/'
        hostnameHTTPS: 'https://sso-sandbox.apps.www.example.io/'
    servers:
      - id: kie
        name: kie
        ssoClient:
          name: clientname
          secret: clientsecret
          hostnameHTTP: 'https://sso-sandbox.apps.www.example.io/'
          hostnameHTTPS: 'https://sso-sandbox.apps.www.example.io/'

Bob

May 11, 2022, 11:47:27 AM5/11/22
to Keycloak User
2022-05-11 10_46_43-Business Central.png

Bob

May 11, 2022, 12:23:11 PM5/11/22
to Keycloak User

Business Central