Selective MFA providers with Keycloak support

Bogdan Rudas

Sep 22, 2021, 3:52:07 PM9/22/21
to Keycloak User, Yury Kitkevich
Hello!

I would like to set up a selective MFA for Keycloak and am looking for any options that allow smart behaviour which can decrease usage of the 2-nd factor and simplify enrollment.
Most searchable items are internal OTP and PrivacyIdea, both require users to engage 2nd factor  every time. Another solution could be IBM secure Verify that requires a plugin which didn't run with recent Keycloak versions (please let me know if somebody here started it) but promised to be smarter.
MFA is crucial today, however Keycloak's implementation works for Keycloak only and doesn't work for VPN or Windows logon etc. I would appreciate any ideas on how to build a usable MFA compatible with Keycloak.

Thank you.

--
Bogdan Rudas
Director of IT

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and files attached to it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that using, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete this email.

Thomas Darimont

Sep 22, 2021, 4:03:57 PM9/22/21
to Bogdan Rudas, Keycloak User, Yury Kitkevich
Hello Bogdan,

you could take a look at privacy-idea: https://www.privacyidea.org/ which provides a broad support for a range of MFA mechanisms.
There is also a keycloak extension for that: https://github.com/privacyidea/keycloak-provider

Cheers,