There are so many ways of installing Keycloak Server

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Nov 15, 2022, 9:03:30 AM11/15/22
to Keycloak User
Subject: There are so many ways of installing Keycloak Server

Good day from Singapore,

Referring to the guides at https://www.keycloak.org/guides

There are so many ways of installing Keycloak Server.

1. Install on bare metal

2. Install on Docker

3. Install on Podman

4. Install on Kubernetes

5. Install on Openshift

Which one should I choose?

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com

Björn Pedersen

Nov 15, 2022, 11:00:38 AM11/15/22
to Keycloak User
tdte...@gmail.com schrieb am Dienstag, 15. November 2022 um 15:03:30 UTC+1:

Good day from Singapore,

Referring to the guides at https://www.keycloak.org/guides

There are so many ways of installing Keycloak Server.

1. Install on bare metal

2. Install on Docker

3. Install on Podman

4. Install on Kubernetes

5. Install on Openshift

Which one should I choose?

Short answer: None, if you  need to ask this you should not install a security component.

Longer answer: keycloak is a security critical componet in your setup, so you should answer some questions for  your scenario:

 - how do I protect my setup?
 - how do I deploy the rest of my applications?
- how large is my deployment (user, realms etc.)?
- can I accept downtimes?

Once your security design is done you will probably have the answer.

another short answer:
 docker/podman if you want it for  local testing,  k8s or openshift if you already deploy your app (that you want to ptotect with keycloak) there.
baremetal if you know what you are doing...

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Nov 15, 2022, 11:47:47 PM11/15/22
to Keycloak User
Noted with thanks.