Keycloak for public frontend and private backend

Tarique Siddique

Jul 20, 2021, 1:26:33 AM7/20/21
to Keycloak User
Hello,

I am trying to use Keyclock for both my backend services in K8s cluster and public clients. Backend services can communicate with Keycloak on internal URL but the public frontend is failing to communicate with backend services via Keycloak frontendUrl. It's showing"Invalid token issuer. Expected 'https://keycloak.backend:8443/auth/', but was 'https://keycloak.example.com/auth/". Is there any way to make it work on both the public and private endpoints?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tarique

zakariae Lebriq

Jul 25, 2021, 3:35:52 PM7/25/21
to Tarique Siddique, Keycloak User
Hello,

Have you created any load balancer service or ingress to link your fronted apps to your keycloak in k8s ?

Regards

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited, and all liability arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Zakariae LEBRIQ

Tarique Siddique

Jul 26, 2021, 1:50:53 AM7/26/21
to Keycloak User
Yes. But that won't solve the purpose. Please note that I was trying to avoid internal traffic to go through LB/public URL. Anyway, I found it's not possible to use multiple URLs in Keycloak for authentication as of now. There's an open issue on this.

Thanks!
Tarique