Assistance Needed for Keycloak and Kong Authorization Integration

Lipakshi Kashyap

Jul 25, 2024, 3:38:24 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to Keycloak User
Hello Team,

I’m seeking assistance with integrating Keycloak for role-based access control (RBAC) with Kong. While I have configured Keycloak for authentication and am using Kong’s JWT plugin, Now, I am facing issues with authorization process:

Problem:

Authorization Challenge: Kong does not seem to enforce permissions based on roles defined in Keycloak. Although Keycloak manages the roles and issues JWT tokens with claims, Kong does not effectively use these claims to enforce role-based access control.
Could you provide guidance on configuring Kong to integrate with Keycloak for role-based authorization or suggest any relevant resources?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards