Keycloak 18 - Need help configuring distributed cache

Frederik Enste

May 11, 2022, 9:44:46 PM5/11/22
to Keycloak User
Hello guys,

I managed successfully to build my production keycloak docker container using this guide with an postgres backend and metrics and health checks enabled:

Now I'm trying to setup these docker containers on 2 different hosts to run in a ha cluster.
AFAIK before Keycloak 17 it was possible to do this via JDBC_PING but this feature seems to be removed in Keycloak 18.

Can someone help me setup the cache?
I read this guide but I am not familiar with how to setup the infinispan config to use JDBC_PING.

Best Regards,
Frederik

Garth

May 12, 2022, 2:28:14 AM5/12/22
to Frederik Enste, keyclo...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe JDBC_PING is natively supported anymore. However, I went through the same process, and came up with the solution documented here:

https://keycloak.discourse.group/t/use-of-jdbc-ping-with-keycloak-17-quarkus-distro/13571
https://gist.github.com/xgp/768eea11f92806b9c83f95902f7f8f80
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keycloak-user/a1e908af-43ed-4cb2-9f72-b79e25e77292n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keycloak-user/a1e908af-43ed-4cb2-9f72-b79e25e77292n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Frederik Enste

May 13, 2022, 2:50:44 AM5/13/22
to Keycloak User
Thank you very much!
I've searched for something like this for a few hours but I could not find anything helpful like this :)