Nginx Ingress not working due to missing IngressClass annotation

Hector Salazar

Aug 25, 2021, 11:37:12 PMAug 25
to Keycloak Dev
I noticed that the ingress creation is built with nginx annotations.
After deploying keycloak with the operator, my nginx wasn't picking up the Ingress because it was missing the following annotation:

I managed to add it with this command:
kubectl -n keycloak annotate ingress keycloak kubernetes.io/ingress.class=nginx

It would be nice that the Keycloak CRD could support an extra parameter for the externalAccess property that allows to optionally inject this annotation for the Ingress.
I'd say the default behavior can just skip, but if present, then it will be annotated.

I'm prototyping with Helm, if anyone figured out a way to do it that help would be appreciated.

Hector

Václav Muzikář

Sep 6, 2021, 9:00:57 AMSep 6
to Hector Salazar, Keycloak Dev
Hello,
thanks for reporting this. Could you please create a JIRA issue for it so we could track it more easily? Can you additionally share your environment details (what K8s distribution and version).
From a brief search, it seems the annotation is already deprecated [1]. We wouldn't want to add that unless there's a solid enough reason.

Václav Muzikář
Senior Software Engineer
Keycloak / Red Hat Single Sign-On