Generate OpenAPI descriptors for the Account REST API

Bruno Oliveira

Jul 13, 2020, 8:07:13 PM7/13/20
to keyclo...@googlegroups.com
Good night, as part of the planning of the remaining tasks for the
Account REST API, I would appreciate if could spend some minutes reading
the following Jiras to verify if they make sense:

1. Generate OpenAPI descriptors:
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/KEYCLOAK-9655.

2. Generate HTML files: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/KEYCLOAK-14744

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

--

abstractj

Sebastian Łaskawiec

Jul 14, 2020, 9:38:42 AM7/14/20
to Bruno Oliveira, keyclo...@googlegroups.com
We could use the OpenAPI (Swagger) spec files somewhere in the Operator. We could either generate CRDs based on them or at least validate them.

At the moment, our CRDs are completely disconnected from the API REST representations. This causes a lot of maintenance headaches.

Stian Thorgersen

Jul 14, 2020, 9:47:46 AM7/14/20
to Sebastian Łaskawiec, Bruno Oliveira, keyclo...@googlegroups.com
It's a different API we're talking about

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 at 15:38, Sebastian Łaskawiec <sebastian...@gmail.com> wrote:
We could use the OpenAPI (Swagger) spec files somewhere in the Operator. We could either generate CRDs based on them or at least validate them.

At the moment, our CRDs are completely disconnected from the API REST representations. This causes a lot of maintenance headaches.

Bruno Oliveira

Jul 14, 2020, 4:02:20 PM7/14/20
to Sebastian Łaskawiec, keyclo...@googlegroups.com
Could you please file a Jira, so we can follow up on this after we
provide the solution for the Account REST API?
--

abstractj

Bruno Oliveira

Jul 15, 2020, 8:38:17 AM7/15/20
to st...@redhat.com, Sebastian Łaskawiec, keyclo...@googlegroups.com
After looking at the Quarkus guide[1], and ask some folks from Red Hat.
It seems that SmallRye OpenAPI[2] is the way to go. We will give it a
try and see how it goes.

[1] - https://quarkus.io/guides/openapi-swaggerui
[2] - https://github.com/smallrye/smallrye-open-api

--