MAP_STORAGE documentation

Garth

Aug 26, 2021, 9:09:36 PM8/26/21
to Keycloak Dev
Hi all,

Is there any documentation for the experimental MAP_STORAGE feature? Or tickets describing its functionality. I've been searching for a while and can't find anything.

Thank you!

Thomas Darimont

Aug 27, 2021, 2:01:40 AM8/27/21
to Garth, Keycloak Dev
Hi Gart,

I'm not aware of a public design document with an overall description of the new map store, but the JavaDoc of the classes here give you some hints: https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/model/map/src/main/java/org/keycloak/models/map/storage

Perhaps Hynek from the Keycloak Team could shed some light on this.

Additionally there are some design documents floating around with some details that provide the rationale the status quo and new potentially new storage architectures:

Cheers,
Thomas

Hynek Mlnarik

Aug 30, 2021, 5:10:52 AM8/30/21
to Thomas Darimont, Garth, Keycloak Dev
Hi Gart,

In addition to what Thomas submitted, there is https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-community/pull/181 running pull request that contains the design proposal of the map storage. You can view rendered proposal in the original branch [1]

--Hynek

Garth

Aug 31, 2021, 12:18:15 PM8/31/21
to keyclo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Hynek, Thomas. The links are very informative.

Are there a list of issues or an epic in the Redhat Jira related to this work? Put differently, if someone wanted to help out, is there a way?