Memory usage of keycloak container

Sagun Tumkar

Nov 12, 2021, 6:21:09 PM11/12/21
to Keycloak Dev
Hi There,

When we starts the keycloak container, it uses almost 700 MB memory right away. I was not able to find more details on how and where it is using this much memory. I have couple of questions below.
  1. Is there a way to find more details about which processes are taking more memory inside the container? I am looking into the file /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/memory.stat which don't give much info.
  2. Is it normal for the container to use this much memory? Or we need to do any tweaking in the configuration file for better performance.
I would also appreciate if anyone has more findings which can be leverage to improve overall performance of the application.

Thanks,
Sagun

Sagun Tumkar

Nov 16, 2021, 2:02:49 AM11/16/21
to Keycloak Dev
Hi There,

Just wanted to check again if anyone knows about this.

Thanks,
Sagun

sergey....@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2021, 11:15:51 AM11/16/21
to Keycloak Dev
Hi Sagun,

I think you can try to add something like '-Xmx256m' or even '-Xmx128m' to JAVA_OPTS_APPEND environment variable for your container.
Otherwise, JVM can allocate unreasonable big amount of memory, depends on host machine.

Anyway, do not expect 10 or 100mb memory consumption, jvm loves RAM a lot :-)

вторник, 16 ноября 2021 г. в 10:02:49 UTC+3, Sagun Tumkar: