Method findByResourceServer in Resource and Policy stores has hardcoded non-index wildcard search

Błażej Adamczyk

Dec 3, 2021, 2:25:46 AM12/3/21
to keyclo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Having really many resources defined for a single resourceserver
searching for the resources using findByResourceServer and filter NAME
or TYPE results in a SQL query like '%...%'. This effectively disables
index usage and the query gets very slow.

I know this operation is used by console code but I think it would be
better if "the caller" decides if and where to put the wildcard.. Thus
the GUI console can put hardcoded % before and after because this will
be used infrequently but some other use-cases (e.g. through REST API)
might decide if to use the wildcard or not.

Dear maintainers, what would you say if I would create a PR moving the
'%' from backend to frontend code?

--
Kind regards,
Blazej Adamczyk