Feedback if future Keycloak should use to JDBC_PING discovery

Alexander Schwartz

May 2, 2024, 4:31:07 AMMay 2
to Keycloak User, Keycloak Dev
Dear Keycloak community,

The current cache configuration describes multiple JGroups discovery and transport configurations. While for example the Keycloak Operator hides that configuration complexity from users by configuring a reliable setup, there are regularly questions on how to configure discovery in other setups.

Common for all setups is that Keycloak stores its data in the database. So JDBC_PING seems to be a possible common denominator for all environments.

I started a discussion on GitHub to gather community feedback for this.

Your feedback is important for us to understand how a future simplified setup for discovery should look like.
Please join this discussion and I'll update the summary accordingly.

Best,
Alexander

--

Alexander Schwartz, RHCE

He/Him

Principal Software Engineer, Keycloak Maintainer

Red Hat - Germany remote

asch...@redhat.com

Red Hat GmbH, Registered seat: Werner von Siemens Ring 12, D-85630 Grasbrunn, Germany
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen/Munich, HRB 153243,
Managing Directors: Ryan Barnhart, Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Amy Ross