Any way to install keycloak operator manually?

Dmitri Zamysloff

Oct 5, 2022, 3:48:30 PM10/5/22
to Keycloak Dev
Hi,
I want to install keycloak operator in GCP GKE. Have checked GKE market place - there is no operator. Only single installation of 18th version including DB. But I am looking for newest version which supports external database. Also question would be how to support updates of operator and updates of keycloak instance created by operator. If there any guide please let me know.
Many thanks in advance.

Václav Muzikář

Oct 10, 2022, 6:16:20 AM10/10/22
to Dmitri Zamysloff, Keycloak Dev
Hello,
I'm not sure how exactly the GKE marketplace works as we never really explicitly published anything there.

In any case, v18 of course also supports external databases. Please note that the legacy Keycloak Operator is deprecated and will reach EOL soon. Please consider migrating to the new Operator.

Thank you.

Václav Muzikář
Senior Software Engineer
Keycloak / Red Hat Single Sign-On