Current key=Q bug!

d...@outlook.com

Feb 11, 2015, 8:11:38 AM2/11/15
to ke...@googlegroups.com
I have many hours of training but sometimes it get stuck on Q for maybe 20-50 sentences which is very frustrating (current key=Q). It lowers my statistics by annoying same repetitive words. It only does this with Q, why? It is a bug or a feature?

acqual␣unquel␣equal␣quard␣equin␣inques␣sques␣equary␣duques␣unquick␣inqual␣equal␣equate␣acqual

acqual␣unquel␣equal␣quard␣equin␣inques␣sques␣equary␣duques␣unquick␣inqual␣equal␣equate␣acqual

equal␣requits␣inques␣requies␣duque␣quest␣requal␣requard␣duques␣acqual␣liqueat␣acquire␣reque

ambro...@weathersfield.k12.oh.us

Oct 4, 2016, 8:46:15 AM10/4/16
to keybr.com
same

timot...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2016, 3:26:27 PM11/29/16
to keybr.com
I switch from copying text from the web, and using the directed lessons... Shouldn't letter combinations equate to statistical usage? It takes a very long time to clear the "Q" key, and if I switch between the inserted text and guided lessons I usually start again with a lot of Q strings.

pausebreak0

Dec 1, 2016, 8:03:09 PM12/1/16
to keybr.com
same

spa...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2016, 12:33:57 AM12/4/16
to keybr.com
If you slow way way down on all the other letters and do q quick as you can, it will get off of q after a lesson or two.

stefano....@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2016, 12:58:47 PM12/26/16
to keybr.com
I get the same with the J letter. Over and over again, with confidence level bouncing back and forth around 0.87 to 0.9. Quite frustrating.

dtk...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017, 1:08:29 PM11/4/17
to keybr.com
GREAT feedback! Thanks!

aniriand.o...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 9:29:34 AM3/6/18
to keybr.com
I know this is an old thread, but this problem still exists and it is very frustrating! My left pinky is now sore from typing more 'Q's than you ever would in normal typing, and the stats for a lot of my other letters have turned to garbage.

michalprz...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2018, 3:27:54 PM4/28/18
to keybr.com
I just started in incognito mode and I am also stuck on "Q" key...

michalprz...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2018, 4:43:46 PM4/28/18
to keybr.com
Well, after around ~20 exercises with Q key it went forward to last key J.

Ray

Apr 29, 2018, 10:42:10 AM4/29/18
to keybr.com
Make sure the Confidence meter is always ticking towards 1.0. Focus on getting the key you're working on and enter it immediately after the preceding key without error. It's often handy to pause in a space too.

damian...@gmail.com

May 26, 2018, 6:28:49 AM5/26/18
to keybr.com
Still it's just useless algorithm that tortures your left pinkie with rare words.

darri...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 6:58:32 PM6/6/18
to keybr.com
+1. My pinkie also has been tortured.

Ray

Jun 7, 2018, 1:47:23 AM6/7/18
to keybr.com
It really shouldn't be that difficult if it's been trained well to until that point (especially with the A key). My most recent run with keybr to get to the "end" was practising left hand only typing with my home position being the F and J keys. Imagine the pinkie stretch there!

It turns out Q wasn't a problem at all because my first run with it had me focussing on hitting it quickly by sacrificing all other keys.

If you botch the first run, the confidence value will be knocked right down and it'll take you a lot longer to get to 1.00.

Message has been deleted

r.hend...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2019, 4:54:05 PM12/26/19
to keybr.com
After 280 minutes of typing shit like unquitunquickhampiquestunquietyesqpiquesesquencyunquiteexquitiaacquaincoquestexquireequainstbequadeinquite I quit, Q is the end game here so yes I Quit! QUIT QTUIT QUIT! Poor programmed piece of shit!

jacksb...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2020, 6:14:35 AM1/6/20
to keybr.com
I finished the last 5 letters in mostly 1-4 goes, but now its q... I'm on it for more then an hour now, it won't  go over 0.98/0.99 points, even only 1 or 2 mistakes with average speed does not help, something does not work here... what really sucks, I like the tool, but this makes it not useable for me... so, please fix this, I do not want to look for an alternative...
Message has been deleted

Sudaksh Soti

Oct 31, 2020, 5:50:36 PM10/31/20
to keybr.com
I'm facing the same issue

Ray

Nov 1, 2020, 12:32:53 AM11/1/20
to keybr.com
Perhaps I wasn't very clear earlier, but you can workaround the Q hurdle by slowing the rest of your typing down and focusing *only* on two letters - the letter before Q, and Q itself. For example, for the word piques: slowly type p. Then pause. Then type iq as quickly as you can.

Do not type pi [pause] q. But type p [pause] iq. Roll it instantly.

This will get you the score you want in order to move on. Failing that, you'll just have to type faster with less pausing, but the method I described works. The system is objective and doesn't bias to make any particular letters easier. Is it a realistic test? Of course not, but no test is representative of real life.

Raphael B

Dec 6, 2020, 7:35:12 PM12/6/20
to keybr.com
any keys during exercise were delaying and caused me to stop typing, without knowing, where I am currently at.

It was okay again, once I backed up (downloaded) my stats.

David Mitchell

Sep 13, 2021, 1:56:53 PM9/13/21
to keybr.com
I had the same issue... for weeks was stuck on Q for many, many lessons... Followed Ray's instructions and moved on in three lessons...

aroyals

Nov 3, 2021, 2:33:40 AM11/3/21
to keybr.com
That's disappointing, I really wish I looked around for a solution to this many many hours ago.
I appreciate the tips but having to slow down other letters and make sure I just get Q right is kind of a silly workaround when there are so many typing sites out there.
It's a real shame because I appreciate the different way Keybr works but this post started 6 years ago and people are still having the same problem? I mean the many hours I have wasted on this stupid Q issue I could have spent on another site, you know.... improving my typing speed.

George Crawley

Jul 7, 2022, 6:14:11 AM7/7/22
to keybr.com
Stuck on keybr for 3 days on Q, read the tip to concentrate on the letter just before, took 3 lessons to move on to J. Big thank you!

Ray

Jul 7, 2022, 11:04:32 AM7/7/22
to keybr.com
> I appreciate the tips but having to slow down other letters and make sure I just get Q right is kind of a silly workaround when there are so many typing sites out there.

It feels silly at first, but for those who are truly stuck, I'm glad my tip has been working. For the record, I'm able to get past the letter Q when doing both two-handed and one-handed (right hand) typing on keybr using an incognito window without needing any of these dirty workarounds anymore.

Once you attain a certain level of proficiency and steady rhythm, overthinking Q is no longer required. The problem a lot of improving typists have is a lack of consistency when it comes to 'tricky' letters - practise and experience over time does help to alleviate all this, but initially, more focus will be required. keybr helped me reach around 50 wpm with just my right hand - it's very possible; you just have to believe; and practise. :)

Arindam Chakraborty

Jul 12, 2022, 8:37:13 AM7/12/22
to keybr.com
me only key r

Dave Estes

Nov 18, 2023, 10:24:54 AM11/18/23
to keybr.com
Thanks, Ray. I was stuck on  'z' for countless lessons. Was staring to hurt. Your technique worked in one lesson for me! Might be worth a pop-up tip in keybr.com. Should be easy to detect.