Have any one achieved more than 100 hour of typing ?

Abhinav Shreshth

Dec 1, 2020, 3:48:02 AM12/1/20
to keybr.com
Have any one achieved more than 100 hour to typing from starting. What is your starting speed and what is your current speed ?

Kyle Shifflett

Jan 8, 2021, 6:17:03 PM1/8/21
to keybr.com
I have done 27 hours of typing and I went from 35 WPM avg to 75 WPM avg and my best so far is 100WPM (with 2 errors)
hope this helps

Jhony Duenas

Jan 9, 2021, 12:12:44 PM1/9/21
to keybr.com
Nice! I am at 20 hours and have gone from 32 WPM avg to 52 WPM avg, it'd be awesome if I can get to 75 WPM in my next 7 hours.

OakenWolf

Jan 15, 2021, 2:46:57 PM1/15/21
to keybr.com
I have only 2 hours. Started at 65WPM and went to 77WPM avg. Best was 104WPM

Michal Przybylowicz

Jan 21, 2021, 7:27:32 AM1/21/21
to keybr.com

Here are my stats if anyone is interested.

Starting speed was around 19 wpm. Currently hard to say from 60 - 110 depending on text, complexity and or my overall well-being.

Screenshot_2021-01-21_13-25-07.png

crossthi...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 2:11:58 AM1/22/21
to keybr.com
I have been doing 30-40mins daily for the past one year. My typing speed and typing confidence has increased tremendously. I went from 30-35wpm to 100-110wpm. Really worth it!!
Screenshot 2021-01-22 124047.png

erick mendieta

Jun 27, 2023, 9:28:23 AM6/27/23
to keybr.com
I got inspired by this post before, and I wondered how much can I improve doing keybr in 100 hours. It took me almost 4 months (30min - 1 hour daily), doing it on an off for a year.

I improved from 27.4 wpm to 57.6 wpm using the initial tutorial. Then I tried to increase the number of words further increasing to 65 wpm, then I slowly climbed towards 72.1 wpm all time average and around 82.4 wpm daily 100 tries average.

Since I had a break I notice the following:

- I started improving every time I reached 8 days of consistency, and I noticed the improvement after sleeping.
- When I tried but wasn't constant I had to start again and the all time average was close to my best score once I came back.
- Increasing raw speed was hard and the only thing that helped was trying to follow upbeat music while typing or doing it in my head.
- Splitting words work for speed but as a non english speaker the word splits are weird.

Pd: I tried not to restart any bad run except if someone call me urgently in which case I stopped in the middle of the practice. I also didn't practice in other platforms like monkey-type and others as suggested by others since I wanted to do the experiment honestly.

I hope this post helps someone else.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 22.13.07.png
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 22.15.57.png
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 22.14.57.png

ayanwola ayomide

Jul 8, 2023, 8:05:19 PM7/8/23
to keybr.com
Wow, nice work you all. I would start learning how to type fast too. My current avg is 46 wpm

Augustijn Ravijts

Jul 30, 2023, 7:30:55 AM7/30/23
to keybr.com
Today I have reached 100 hours of tough typing.
and I am able to type this message without looking at my keyboard ;-).
as I started Keybr I wasn't able to touch type, although when I was a young child I have to do some touch typewriting courses from my parents. (never been q succes)
It was a hard way and I am happy whit the results I have today, no I am not a very fast typer but I am not struggling and that was a very important goal for me.

Keybr settings.
I type on the "Azerty BE" keyboard and for that, I have used Keyboard layout "Language French" and "layout French". although my native language is Dutch.
Enabled options "Stop the cursor when an error occurs."  "Forgive errors"

After a couple of months, I Enabled "punctuation characters" It felt like starting from the beginning again, but I knew It was possible.
The next option I will enable is "Capital letters".

The Blue "V" on the picture show where I have added punctuation, u can see that on the diagram.

kind regards,
Augustijn

Screenshot 2023-07-30 124127.pngScreenshot 2023-07-30 124604.pngScreenshot 2023-07-30 125027.png

Abdoul-Rahmanou Ouro-Djobo

Nov 10, 2023, 2:42:51 PM11/10/23
to keybr.com
yes, me too!