keybr has become quite annoying

carbonsmasher

May 11, 2021, 3:19:28 PM5/11/21
to keybr.com
My experience started out well. I was bad at typing, so I didn't have much speed or accuracy, which I expected. I started improving at typing very quickly. The movements became more natural and comfortable. I saw my progress much faster than any other service I have used. it was like a miracle. Then, keybr had other ideas. It began to fling new letters at me faster than I could handle them. At the beginning, the method of not continuing to the next letter until all of the current ones were mastered worked great for me. But for some reason the application just stopped doing it. Even though I was doing well with the new keys, I was absolutely failing the other ones. I was going backwards, and I am demotivated.

PLEASE add an option to check for mastery of all current keys before adding new ones. It would seriously make things a lot easier

Gerphil Niebur

May 12, 2021, 5:53:57 PM5/12/21
to keybr.com
That's what happened to me. And i guess that's pretty normal. Keybr adds a new key when the current focused one hits confidence level 1 and about 35 wpm. This means the currently boosted / trained key does pretty well, but might naturally suffer when another key / finger comes into coordination. Just because a key went well while focusing on it, it doesn't mean this will remain when proceeding with new keys. Your brain and muscle memory has a lot to do with learning to coordinate everything.

Looking at my all over progress you can pretty much see, that every time a new key kicks in, speed drops and errors go up. But this always reverses after a short time. I had keys that where at confidence 1, but later with all keys added dropped and took some time to get back to 1 or maybe still reside at 0.98 or so.

Just keep going. I think it's pretty much the way how it progresses. Maybe many can relate.