Providing own custom text

KLDC 2

Mar 28, 2022, 3:23:58 PMMar 28
to keybr.com
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can please help me?
I am looking to source my own custom text in English that includes capital letters and punctuation characters.
Whilst keybr has been an excellent tool in helping me to touch type I find the capital letters and punctuation setting doesn't suit me.

Thanks in advance

Jackson Eatchel

Mar 28, 2022, 7:03:41 PMMar 28
to keybr.com
Hello!

You can insert your own custom text by following the steps below:

1) While you're on the practice screen, click on the "SETTINGS..." button at the upper-right hand corner.

to-settings.png

2) Click on the "Provide your own custom text" option under Advanced Mode.

under-advanced-mode.png

3) Add your own custom text here! Ensure the "Remove punctuation" and "Transform to lowercase" options are left unchecked, as shown in the screenshot.

custom-text.png

4) Click on the "DONE" button.

I hope this helps!

KLDC 2

Apr 5, 2022, 4:22:07 PMApr 5
to keybr.com
Hello Jackson, thank you for your reply. I am actually looking for a body of text that I can use with the feature you have so kindly highlighted.

Jackson Eatchel

Apr 30, 2022, 12:06:40 AMApr 30
to keybr.com
Oh, I see! Thank you for clarifying this. :-) Project Gutenburg might be a good place to start! Here's a link to a page listing their most frequently downloaded ebooks. It contains many popular works in English literature! https://www.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top

Once you select a book, you have the option of downloading it as a Plain Text file; this allows you to easily copy and paste the content over to Keybr.

Wishing you much success with your typing journey! :-)

Jackson

KLDC 2

May 5, 2022, 4:57:29 PMMay 5
to keybr.com