We Need Colemak-DH

Dave in Napa

Dec 26, 2021, 5:09:03 PM12/26/21
to keybr.com
This has popped up in a few conversations in past months, but nothing seems to be happening.

I think that we've reached a majority (at least for new users learning) for Colemak-DH versus plain vanilla Colemak.

It would be really great if this could be added to the list.

...and if Colemak-DH is added, it would make sense to include 'flavors' for those using ANSI/ISO staggered keyboards vs Matrix or ortholinear.

If I understand correctly, DH-Angle Mod is the the same as DH-Matrix (DHm), which would be preferable for those with ISO keyboards... but poses a slight problem with ANSI keyboards with one less key on the left side of the bottom row.

There are several ways to handle an ANSI/staggered keyboard, such as shifting ALL fingers to the right by one to introduce a new column to the left, including Z at the bottom left.... or leave the home row as is, but move the Z over to the right of B of the bottom row, or reassigning left-shift to Z and assigning left-shift to caps-lock.

Examples of these alternate layouts are described really well at:

The bottom line is that we need to be able to programmatically choose specific key locations in keybr to match the specific keyboard we are planning to learn on.

Thanks!

Hobbes C

Feb 9, 2022, 5:11:40 AMFeb 9
to keybr.com
Just piling on. Colemak DHM support would be great.

Jackson Eatchel

Mar 28, 2022, 7:05:43 PMMar 28
to keybr.com
Came to this forum just to say this same thing. Please add Colemak-DH!