Legacy Version was taken down. [Complaint]

menschenf...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2016, 2:59:30 AM8/8/16
to keybr.com
Evidently Keybr.com's Legacy test version was taken down quite recently. I've been coming to Keybr.com for years now, when they were initially testing everything out.

I have an average of 150+ in WPM ratings, and have topped out at 230 on sites such as typeracer, 10fastfingers, and other reputable typing test sites. The only thing that kept me coming back was the fresh tests it often pumped out on Legacy. Whereas your new format for Keybr.com has been a complete and utter lack of success. It's dysfunctional, and often exhibits a lot of bugs. If you submit a score of 163, and blatantly type out something faster in a follow-up to the prior test, it'll just produce the same score.

Whomever is in charge, I really implore you to reconsider the decision you've made with taking down Legacy. It's just superior and more reliable for calculating tests to begin with. The modernized keybr.com really is just defective, insufficient, and full-on laughable in comparison to its predecessor.

With considerate regard of what was, and should still be

Corey Lehmann/Bice

dustin...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 10:13:59 PM8/10/16
to keybr.com
completely agree

Ju-Andre Goosen

Aug 11, 2016, 3:10:53 AM8/11/16
to keybr.com
I have noticed that even though it is obvious that I am typing faster or even slower that my score stays the same as the previous round. Like it only takes the average of two to three rounds.

keybr.com

Aug 11, 2016, 6:25:22 PM8/11/16
to ke...@googlegroups.com
Well, the fact that the legacy version just doesn't want to die makes me sad, because I have zero interest in keeping it alive and maintaining it.

But as people still want it back, let me see, may be I can bring it back soon.

But this is not a top priority task for me right now, sorry.

Thanks,
- Alex

keybr.com

Aug 16, 2016, 4:33:17 PM8/16/16
to keybr.com
The legacy version is back again.

Thanks,
- Alex

keybr.com

Aug 16, 2016, 4:41:10 PM8/16/16
to keybr.com
There is a validation rule that prevents results with typing speed over 300 WPM from submitting.

This was done to prevent "anomalies" in user data.

Can you type faster that that? If so, this may be the reason why your results are not updating. But I don't believe any human on Earth can type that fast.

- Alex

menschenf...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2016, 6:03:43 AM8/17/16
to keybr.com
First off, just allow me to say I'm in debt to you for providing the Legacy version once more. However, 300 WPM is attainable. Me and select few individuals practice a typing art-form referred to as T2 (Tech-Two,) which has a rigid guideline on how to perform in typing in order to reach the uttermost optimal typing speeds.

If you're in the Custom section to compose your own test, it's simple enough for us to create posts we're familiar with typing to generate the bulk of our most greatest speeds imbued into our muscle memory. I'll given an example:

http://imgur.com/a/Tn3o3

Naturally any advanced typist will of accumulated some margin of muscle memory that they can't entirely eradicate even if they ceased typing for a few years. It's too ingrained.

Me and a few of my friends derive from a wide array of chat-sites, whereas some of us have been practicing a thing called "Speed-Fighting" since early AOL days, (before chat-site was priced,) as far as even Yahoo in which Speed-Fighting was regarded as Eden's Era for over a decade.

We avidly practice certain lines, certain words, and have very thoroughly broken in an understanding on how to reach quickened post times in a much shorter amount of time. But only because we've stayed devoted to typing for so long, it became an entertaining yet challenging hobby.

Anyway, my point with that post is -- inherently if you type one line, or one word long enough, it'll become easier for you to type. Renown typists like Michael Shestov, and Sean Wrona really showcase the heights your muscle memory can climb to. 300 WPM is attainable, but not in a general way, it's often only able to occur in exclusive scenarios (like typing something you've practiced typing for eons like what I displayed. )

I think there's a safer way to go about installing your prevention rule though. Such as, a certain degree of character input is required in order for a test to be validated in the first place.

At any rate, I'm sincerely sorry that you're stuck having to deal with Legacy. But truthfully, Legacy is a sensational product, and it isn't something you should steer away from. Having a side-project is fine, and trying to turn that into another success is understandable. But, Legacy is clear-cut, swift, and compatible in the most convenient way possible.

The new version if still just has a rough and rugged feel to it, it's not seamlessly smooth like Legacy. The new version isn't bad by any means, it just pales in comparison to Legacy.

Thank you for your time, Alex. You're splendid.

- Corey Lehmann/Bice

keybr.com

Aug 17, 2016, 6:19:35 AM8/17/16
to keybr.com
Corey, now I clearly see that you are a typist with super-human abilities!

I am just wondering, why do you use keybr in the first place? ;) It seems like you don't need it!

But in a few hours I will update the site with new validation rules to stop irritating people like you.

- Alex

keybr.com

Aug 17, 2016, 4:52:55 PM8/17/16
to keybr.com
And I have updated the web site with relaxed validation rules to allow posting results with typing speed above 300 WPM.

- Alex

rahi

Aug 18, 2016, 10:34:45 PM8/18/16
to keybr.com
Hi Alex,

Is there a toggle to get the legacy version back, or the legacy version is now the default for all users?
Message has been deleted