Kettle transitioning to Git and GitHub

codeoncoffee

Oct 7, 2013, 10:43:32 AM10/7/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Kettle Devs!

We have some pretty big news to announce today. The Kettle project is migrating to Git, hosted on GitHub.com. We anticipate the transition being complete within the next 24-48 hours.

What does this mean for you?

Well, if you haven't already, go and sign-up for an account on GitHub.com. When the migration is complete Kettle will be available at the following location:

If you previously had commit access to the Kettle source, you won't be granted similar access to Kettle on GitHub. Code contributions will be handled using the standard Pull-Request workflow on GitHub. If you're not familiar with this process, GitHub has a nice article describing the process here:

If you have changes in your Kettle project right now, you can migrate these to your new Git projects by capturing diff files from your Subversion project and applying them to your new Git project. The following describes this process pretty well. If you have trouble, don't hesitate to reach-out for help:

Look forward to seeing you all on the Git-side,
Nick Baker

Evgeny Minkevich

Oct 7, 2013, 7:03:15 PM10/7/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
Good news.

Thank you. I hope that the inconsistent EOL characters issue has been addressed as well (http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-8166).

codeoncoffee

Oct 8, 2013, 3:18:04 PM10/8/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

The migration process is complete. Kettle is now located at: https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-kettle

The old SVN repository location is now: svn://source.pentaho.org/svnkettleroot/archive/Kettle

-Nick Baker

codeoncoffee

Oct 8, 2013, 3:19:39 PM10/8/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
We've tried to normalize line-endings in the past. The issue is with use of eGit which doesn't support .gitattributes and has issues with git config autocrlf . Look for this to be addressed once eGit fixes it's support.

-Nick

Brandon Jackson

Oct 8, 2013, 4:21:27 PM10/8/13
to kettle-developers
That's pretty sweet.  What a good day.   Thanks to you, Pentaho and the other community members working on this.  I really appreciate it.

Brandon