Classpath with Kettle on a Mac.

Brandon Jackson

Mar 10, 2015, 6:27:01 PM3/10/15
to kettle-developers
What is the best method of adding to the classpath that Spoon cares about on a Mac?  It is not picking up the simple-jndi jar for JNDI functionality.

I've tried adding to ~/.bash_profile an addition CLASSPATH pointing to the lib and jar location within the directory to the very jar that serves up that class, but no dice.

I tried adding the -cp and a filepath to spoon.sh, but the same result came back.

VisualVM is not showing me any additional CLASSPATH picked up by the application.

Below is my Java version.
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

I am not using the strange plist or any of that which would kick off Java 6, just running ./spoon.sh from a terminal which does use Java 7.

--

Error connecting to database [SteelWheels] : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
Error occurred while trying to connect to the database

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory]
Cannot instantiate class: org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory

org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
Error occurred while trying to connect to the database

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory]
Cannot instantiate class: org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory

at org.pentaho.di.core.database.Database.normalConnect(Database.java:417)
at org.pentaho.di.core.database.Database.connect(Database.java:357)
at org.pentaho.di.core.database.Database.connect(Database.java:310)
at org.pentaho.di.core.database.Database.connect(Database.java:300)
at org.pentaho.di.core.database.DatabaseFactory.getConnectionTestReport(DatabaseFactory.java:80)
at org.pentaho.di.core.database.DatabaseMeta.testConnection(DatabaseMeta.java:2685)
at org.pentaho.ui.database.event.DataHandler.testDatabaseConnection(DataHandler.java:546)

Matt Burgess

Mar 10, 2015, 6:54:28 PM3/10/15
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
Spoon uses the Pentaho application launcher (in the launcher/ folder), the classpath is set up in launcher.properties. Add your folder(s) there, should get picked up.

Cheers,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone