I think I might have figured this out.
My mistake was not to explicitly set the properties file with IvyIDEA.
After I have done that - everything worked.
So, what I did was:
* Opened up the *.ipr, that have imported the initial structure of the project
* Removed the Kettle lib dependency that came along.
* Added Module Dependencies:
DB Dialog -> Engine, Core
UI -> DB Dialog, Engine, Core
* Added IvyIDEA plugin
* Configured IvyIDEA plugin for each module with:
- custom settings (ivysettings.xml)
- custom properties (build.properties)
* Resolved dependencies by IvyIDEA
All is working now. Thank you.