IntelliJ Idea

Evgeny Minkevich

Dec 4, 2013, 5:55:37 AM12/4/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

would anyone have experience with getting pentaho-kettle going with IntelliJ Idea?

Having trouble with Ivy resolver...

Matt Burgess

Dec 4, 2013, 7:09:44 AM12/4/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
We have a few developers at Pentaho that use IntelliJ, I will forward your questions to them. What specific ivy problems are you having?

Regards,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Evgeny Minkevich

Dec 5, 2013, 12:03:01 AM12/5/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
Firstly I run ant distrib to ensure it can be built and all dependencies are downloaded.

Then I have opened the existing Kettle ipr (IDEA's project config) - dependencies were not resolved.
I installed IvyIDEA plugin - it has discovered the ivy.xml configuration files for all projects.

Yet there are still some dependencies which are not resolve. For example - org.apache.commons.vfs.FileObject or com.trilead.ssh2.Session;

I have tried to point IvyIDEA at ivysettings.xml as the settings file. Not sure if it correct though.

So this is the main problem - some dependencies are missing when opening in IDEA.

Evgeny Minkevich

Dec 5, 2013, 3:57:30 AM12/5/13
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
I think I might have figured this out.

My mistake was not to explicitly set the properties file with IvyIDEA.

After I have done that - everything worked.

So, what I did was:

* Opened up the *.ipr, that have imported the initial structure of the project
* Removed the Kettle lib dependency that came along.
* Added Module Dependencies:
   Engine-> Core
   DB Dialog -> Engine, Core
   UI -> DB Dialog, Engine, Core
* Added IvyIDEA plugin
* Configured IvyIDEA plugin for each module with:
      - custom settings (ivysettings.xml)
      - custom properties (build.properties)
* Resolved dependencies by IvyIDEA

All is working now. Thank you.