WARNING: SWT/Cocoa issue with Mac OS X 10.11

Matt Burgess

Oct 19, 2015, 9:46:46 AM10/19/15
to kettle-d...@googlegroups.com
All,

I wanted to let you know that there is a known issue in Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) where "some versions of Eclipse may hang during use".

In our case, it causes crashes in PDI when opening dialogs.  We are tracking this in our own system:

Eclipse has verified it is a Cocoa bug and not in SWT:

Here's a link to the Apple forums (and with an Apple Developer login you can see the release notes):

Officially (as you may have guessed) we do not yet support El Capitan as a Pentaho platform, here is the component reference for 6.0:

Regards,
Matt