Registration is open NOW till 21st June,2024

Santosh Shukla

Jun 16, 2024, 11:33:56 PMJun 16
to Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi there all,

Registration for the June 29th meetup event is opened. Registration link is Registration Bangalore Kernel Meetup

Folks who are presenting at event, need not register separately through the link.

Thanks,
Santosh

Manikanta guntupalli

Jun 17, 2024, 2:36:29 AMJun 17
to Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi,
We checked at 9:45AM today, it showed sold out, Is it really sold out or any issue. Can you please check.

Thanks,
Manikanta.

Santosh Shukla

Jun 17, 2024, 4:16:21 AMJun 17
to Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi there all,

On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 12:06:29 PM UTC+5:30 manio...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
We checked at 9:45AM today, it showed sold out, Is it really sold out or any issue. Can you please check.

Yes - Tickets sold out. we didn;t  expected that Tickets sold out with in 45 mins.

Thank you for the overwhelming response.

We will open another slot for those who could not register today. Will intimate slot opening by tomorrow.

Please note that folks who registered but unsure of participation, please release the ticket and allow others to register.

Regards,
Santosh

Santosh Shukla

Jun 17, 2024, 4:37:39 AMJun 17
to Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hello Team,

I just noticed that there are folks who registered twice (Not naming names here to those) - requesting them to release the 2nd slot, allow others to register and also noticed that few folks who are presenting at event also registered, Please unregister as you are default considered for the event participation.
Thanks,
Santosh

Dipankar Sarma

Jun 17, 2024, 1:05:15 PMJun 17
to Santosh Shukla, Kernel Meetup Bangalore
On Mon, 2024-06-17 at 01:16 -0700, Santosh Shukla wrote:
> Hi there all,
>
> On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 12:06:29 PM UTC+5:30 manio...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We checked at 9:45AM today, it showed sold out, Is it really sold
> > out or any issue. Can you please check.
>
> Yes - Tickets sold out. we didn;t  expected that Tickets sold out
> with in 45 mins.
>
> Thank you for the overwhelming response.
>
> We will open another slot for those who could not register today.
> Will intimate slot opening by tomorrow.
>
> Please note that folks who registered but unsure of participation,
> please release the ticket and allow others to register.

Given what I have seen in the past few meetups, this is not surprising.
It is perhaps time to think about an equitable distribution of tickets
going forward in order to ensure fair participation from active
contributors, academic research groups and early career professionals
(for example). If current and past registration data could be analyzed,
that could provide some insight into fair participation.

Apart from that, I am aware that these hosted meetups don't always have
networking capability, but wherever possible a low-tech broadcasting
(e.g. YouTube live) could also be looked into, IMO. It might reduce the
pressure on the organizers in terms of the rush.

Thanks
Dipankar

Santosh Shukla

Jun 17, 2024, 10:59:42 PMJun 17
to Kernel Meetup Bangalore
On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 10:35:15 PM UTC+5:30 dsa...@hill9.org wrote:
On Mon, 2024-06-17 at 01:16 -0700, Santosh Shukla wrote:
> Hi there all,
>
> On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 12:06:29 PM UTC+5:30 manio...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We checked at 9:45AM today, it showed sold out, Is it really sold
> > out or any issue. Can you please check.
>
> Yes - Tickets sold out. we didn;t  expected that Tickets sold out
> with in 45 mins.
>
> Thank you for the overwhelming response.
>
> We will open another slot for those who could not register today.
> Will intimate slot opening by tomorrow.
>
> Please note that folks who registered but unsure of participation,
> please release the ticket and allow others to register.

Given what I have seen in the past few meetups, this is not surprising.
It is perhaps time to think about an equitable distribution of tickets
going forward in order to ensure fair participation from active
contributors, academic research groups and early career professionals
(for example). If current and past registration data could be analyzed,
that could provide some insight into fair participation.

I agree and we will think towards that direction from next meetup.

Beside above, General observation is that at times Folks reserve seats but don't shows up.
We want to avoid that happening and this needs support from participants like
in case they realize that they can't join due to some reason then communicate to organizer
so that we assign seat to someone on waiting list.

Apart from that, I am aware that these hosted meetups don't always have
networking capability, but wherever possible a low-tech broadcasting
(e.g. YouTube live) could also be looked into, IMO. It might reduce the
pressure on the organizers in terms of the rush.

We did thought about that multiple times in past.
Lets discuss more on that in coming event.

Thanks,
Santosh

Thanks
Dipankar

Santosh Shukla

Jun 17, 2024, 11:04:33 PMJun 17
to Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi there all,

On Tuesday, June 18, 2024 at 8:29:42 AM UTC+5:30 Santosh Shukla wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 10:35:15 PM UTC+5:30 dsa...@hill9.org wrote:
On Mon, 2024-06-17 at 01:16 -0700, Santosh Shukla wrote:
> Hi there all,
>
> On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 12:06:29 PM UTC+5:30 manio...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We checked at 9:45AM today, it showed sold out, Is it really sold
> > out or any issue. Can you please check.
>
> Yes - Tickets sold out. we didn;t  expected that Tickets sold out
> with in 45 mins.
>
> Thank you for the overwhelming response.
>
> We will open another slot for those who could not register today.
> Will intimate slot opening by tomorrow.

Second registration slot will open today 9:30AM.

Requesting those who already registered and who were waitlisted - DO NOT re-register.
Also please avoid double registration.

Thanks,
Santosh

Vijay satija

Jun 18, 2024, 11:01:46 PMJun 18
to santosh.s...@gmail.com, kernel-meet...@googlegroups.com

Hello Team,

I registered on 17 june, got waitlist.
Registration opened yesterday again still i didn't get any confimation email .

Will the 17 June waitlist get confirmed?

Thanks,
Vijay Satija

On Tue, 18 Jun, 2024, 8:34 am Santosh Shukla, <santosh.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there all,

On Tuesday, June 18, 2024 at 8:29:42 AM UTC+5:30 Santosh Shukla wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 10:35:15 PM UTC+5:30 dsa...@hill9.org wrote:
On Mon, 2024-06-17 at 01:16 -0700, Santosh Shukla wrote:
> Hi there all,
>
> On Monday, June 17, 2024 at 12:06:29 PM UTC+5:30 manio...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We checked at 9:45AM today, it showed sold out, Is it really sold
> > out or any issue. Can you please check.
>
> Yes - Tickets sold out. we didn;t  expected that Tickets sold out
> with in 45 mins.
>
> Thank you for the overwhelming response.
>
> We will open another slot for those who could not register today.
> Will intimate slot opening by tomorrow.

Second registration slot will open today 9:30AM.

Requesting those who already registered and who were waitlisted - DO NOT re-register.
Also please avoid double registration.

Thanks,
Santosh

> Please note that folks who registered but unsure of participation,
> please release the ticket and allow others to register.

Santosh Shukla

Jun 19, 2024, 12:26:36 AMJun 19
to vijaysatij...@gmail.com, kernel-meet...@googlegroups.com

Waitlisted are confirmed!