Re: [Kern Meetup Blr] Digest for kernel-meetup-bangalore@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Pintu Agarwal

Jun 27, 2024, 10:23:26 AMJun 27
to kernel-meet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Santosh and All,

I have one suggestion for a fair registration process from next time onwards.

1) Please do not open the registration all at one shot and on the same day.
2) Split the registration into multiple days (first day till last day) and limiting only 'X' registration per day.
    Thus, X = nr_candidates / total_days
    Example: If total number of days for which registration is open = 5 days,
    And, total candidate capacity = 200
    Then, per day registration allowed (X) = 200/5 = 40
3) Since this event is non-official, it is better to release the registration only after non-office hours (after 5pm maybe ?).
    So that people who are busy with their work can still have a chance to check their personal email and do the registration.
    Or, if we want, we can further break up the per day slot into 3 parts (morning, afternoon and evening).
    This will make sure registration does not complete in 10 mins.
4) Maybe on the last day, we can open all the leftover slots.
5) If someone cancels during open days, the number will be added to the next pool.
6) If someone cancels, after registration closes, onspot registration will be allowed with intimation 1 day prior to the event.
    Thus, we don't need to maintain a separate waiting list.
7) This one is tricky: If someone doesn't show off after registration ? What rules/process can we enforce ? (Delay his/her registration for the next event ?)
    (Exception could be genuine emergency cases)

Thanks,
Pintu

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 at 05:17, <kernel-meet...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Santosh Shukla <santosh.s...@gmail.com>: Jun 25 10:36PM -0700

On Tuesday, June 25, 2024 at 2:03:56 PM UTC+5:30 Santosh Shukla wrote:

On Tuesday, June 25, 2024 at 12:14:46 PM UTC+5:30 Santosh Shukla wrote:

Hi Bangalore Linux Kernel 2024 Q2 participants,

Folks who shared contact information can directly walk in to Prestige
technostar campus entry gate and then enter the BLDG-2, go to 6th floor..
Security team will tally your shared information with their list and allow
access to event hall.

Please make sure that you carry valid government ID at the event.

Also Laptop is not allowed so incase anyone want to carry they are required
to share (/in advance) model no and serial no information with so that I
could get the approval.

My suggestion is not to carry laptop unless its really-2 required.

Thanks,
Santosh

Thanks again,
Santosh

We waived off the QR code process since participation is in Bulk.

Best Regards
Santosh
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

Satish Patel

Jun 28, 2024, 6:31:23 AMJun 28
to Pintu Agarwal, kernel-meet...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

+ to this suggestion. Even a paid slot is fine.

Slots are going like sale.. Either Kernel enthusiastics are having some software to scan this kind of email or they are free nowadays :)

--
satish

Regards,
satish patel

Allen Pais

Jun 28, 2024, 12:25:31 PMJun 28
to Satish Patel, Pintu Agarwal, Kernel Meetup Bangalore

On Jun 28, 2024, at 3:31 AM, Satish Patel <tosati...@gmail.com> wrote:

Namaste,

+ to this suggestion. Even a paid slot is fine.

Slots are going like sale.. Either Kernel enthusiastics are having some software to scan this kind of email or they are free nowadays :)

 Thank you.

 Please bring this up with the core team members at the meetup. It can be further
Discussed and a resolution can be found.

- Allen

Shaikh Kamal

Jun 28, 2024, 11:34:54 PMJun 28
to Allen Pais, Satish Patel, Pintu Agarwal, Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi All,
Can anyone share the live streaming link for this session?

Thank you in advance!
Shaikh Kamaluddin

Satish Patel

Jul 3, 2024, 10:22:04 PM (13 days ago) Jul 3
to Allen Pais, Pintu Agarwal, Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi Allen,

The point is without an entry pass - where to meet core members ? :) They already know these issues. I have posted last time also as feedback.

--
Satish

Sumit Semwal

Jul 5, 2024, 3:42:12 AM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to Satish Patel, Allen Pais, Pintu Agarwal, Kernel Meetup Bangalore
Hi Satish,

Long time :)

On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 at 07:52, Satish Patel <tosati...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Allen,

The point is without an entry pass - where to meet core members ? :) They already know these issues. I have posted last time also as feedback.
Yes, that's a real problem - one that the core team is actively looking to find a solution for.
The current mechanisms don't make it easy to release some specific number of slots each day, so we're investigating what options are available. If you know of any other options other than EventBrite as an option, please let us know.

Rest assured, all the emails sent here are seen by all the core members, and we are aware and thinking of a solution.

Best,
Sumit.

--
Thanks and regards,

Sumit Semwal (he / him)
Tech Lead - LCG, Vertical Technologies
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs