~>PDF Rule Makers, Rule Breakers How Culture Wires Our Minds, Shapes Our Nations, and Drives Our Differences @*BOOK Michele Gelfand

Beth Johnston

Jan 23, 2022, 11:49:03 PM1/23/22
to ker...@googlegroups.com

Michele Gelfand's Rule Makers, Rule Breakers: How Culture Wires Our Minds, Shapes Our Nations, and Drives Our Differences

By : Michele Gelfand Institute

READ THIS BOOK

 pdf download Michele Gelfand's Rule Makers, Rule Breakers: How Culture Wires Our Minds, Shapes Our Nations, and Drives Our Differences

DOWNLOAD Rule Makers, Rule Breakers: How Culture Wires Our Minds, Shapes Our Nations, and Drives Our Differences

Book Synopsis :

Celebrated social psychologist Michele Gelfand offers a radical new theory about cultural differences that explains why some countries, cultures, and individuals rigorously abide by a host of norms, and others do precisely the opposite, with surprising results.Why are clocks in Germany always correct, while those in Brazil are frequently wrong? Why are Singaporeans jailed for chewing gum? Why do women in New Zealand have three times the sex of females worldwide? Why was the Daimler-Chrysler merger ill-fated from the start? And why does each generation of Americans give their kids weirder and weirder names? Curious about the answers to these and other questions, award-winning social psychologist Michele Gelfand has spent two decades studying both tight societies (with clearly stated rules and codes of ethics) and loose societies (more informal communities with weak or ambiguous norms). Putting each under the microscope, she conducted research in more than fifty countries and

Book Detail :

Author : Michele Gelfand

Pages : 288 pages

Publisher : Scribner