Legal QA: Model License

Abhas Kumar Sinha

Feb 14, 2024, 12:34:07 PMFeb 14
to Keras-users
Hello,

I'm currently new to the Keras community and have started with keras-nlp codebase. I've learned a few things and I think I'm ready now to start porting the models into the Keras-nlp repo.

To start with, I've chosen simple projects initially, like LLMs, and then research papers and other things that aren't here.

Since there aren't a lot of coding LLMs in keras-nlp, I've started to start with them. There are a few coding LLMs, but most of them do not cover standard licenses. So my question is from the perspective of legalities - Which license is most suitable for porting LLMs into Keras and getting their weights in Kaggle Hub?

A few of such LLMs include:

- StabilityAI/Stable-code 3B (StabilityAI Non-Commercial Research Community License)
- Salesforce/codegen 2.5 7B instruct (Apache 2.0)
- Salesforce/codegen 350M mono (BSD-3 Clause)
... and so on

What are the favorable licenses that can be suitable for the Keras-3 transition from other frameworks?

Best Regards,
Abhas